Gallery needs Linux package maintainers
We need you! (Or maybe someone you know.) Gallery 3 is not available in many major Linux distributions via their package managers. We think it should be, but we don't have the time or know-how to make it happen. If you know a thing or two about Linux package management and have been itching to contribute to Gallery, now is your chance:
- RedHat/Fedora/etc have access to Gallery 3 via EPEL already. Hoorah!
- Ubuntu seems to only have Gallery 2: http://packages.ubuntu.com/quantal/gallery2
- Debian is missing Gallery 3 due to some licensing things that we need help sorting out. See the bug and the discussion for details.
- Gentoo seems stuck on Gallery 2: http://gentoo-portage.com/www-apps/gallery.
- And of course the 1000s of other Linux distributions out there...
If there is a way that you are not able to get Gallery where you would like to, or if you can help out with any of the above, please let us know here or hop on the gallery-devl e-mail list and let's make it happen!