Gallery 2 on Amahi
Today the Amahi team announced the availability of "one-click" application installation for Linux. Gallery 2 is among the first applications available on Amahi, and you can watch a screencast to see how easy it is to install Gallery 2 through Amahi.
To learn more about Amahi visit http://www.amahi.org. If all goes as planned, they'll have a Gallery 3 "one-click" installation on Amahi as soon as Gallery 3 is here.
Amahi provides an "open home server" that gives its users:
- A simple to use Web 2.0 user interface
- "one-click" application installation, with an expanding library of applications available.
- zero effort installation, with automatic configuration of a VPN and Dynamic DNS (secure access from anywhere), a LAMP stack, and more...
Other features of Amahi include:
- cross platform support for Mac, Windows and of course, Linux
- user and file share creation and authentication
- simplified home networking with short URLs (eg. access your own Gallery2 via http://gallery2 or any URL you chose)
- media storage and streaming (iTunes, movies, and picture delivered to xBox, PS3 and Wii among others) and more as Amahi's application gallery expands by the day.