Gallery 2.1 (Blackjack) Released!
Submitted by bharat on Thu, 2006-03-23 18:11
Gallery 2.1 (Blackjack) is now available for download! This release is a substantial improvement over Gallery 2.0 in both features and performance. We've added 10 new modules supporting features like RSS, ratings, permanent links, Picasa and Google Sitemaps. We've made many changes to the core framework to reduce code size and improve our performance, and this release includes page level caching which can provide a profound performance increase in most situations. This release has also received a professional security audit. See what else is new and then download now! If you're upgrading from an older release of Gallery 2, you should read the upgrading notes first. Upgrading is quick and easy, but if you're upgrading from 2.0 there are a few things you should know first. As always before you ask for help, please, please read the README -- we've made an effort to answer all of your questions there. Especially read the known issues section. Then head on over to the Gallery 2 Forums and let us know what you think! Thanks for your continued support!
New Features Include:
New Features Include:
- New Ratings module allows users to vote for their favorite photos.
- New RSS module provides syndication of your Gallery's content to the world, so users can track content updates.
- New module to support hidden items and albums. Hidden items are restricted from guest users until accessed by the direct URL. Migrate module now imports hidden items from G1 as hidden in G2 if this module is active.
- New module to support password protected items and albums. Passwords are complementary to the G2 permission management. Passwords are impersonal while the G2 permission system handles access and rights for specific users and user groups.
- New Reupload module allows replacing an image file while keeping the title, description, comments, etc.
- New Permalinks module works with the URL Rewrite module to create short URLs using just the album name, as in Gallery 1.x.
- New Linkitem module creates links to other albums or external URLs.
- New module to import albums from Picasa.
- New module to support Google Sitemaps.
- New module for retrieving id3 tag information.
- New link in comments module to view all recent comments. Also an option to require captcha for posting anonymous comments.
- New option to apply album and theme settings recursively to all subalbums.
- URL Rewrite module now supports IIS (isapi rewrite) and pathinfo.