Sorry, have to vent this so I can get back into New Year spirit...
Rebuilding images/thumbs is most slow and unstable part of application
* over time it can cause 500 error on the server, then all hell will go loose
* famous "unable to fork" error...
* it is unable to resolve folder structure if it is damaged
* it is slow and there is no "clever" option to improve speed - for example, resizes can be built when image is first accessed, same for thumbs
* I am getting trash like this k2img--89eb9ce458af470a44d11ac0b842b33968652e4c.jpg in resize folders
* process never finish - few items often remain not cleared and there is no way to fix it intelligently
* there should be option to rebuild resize or thumb in any album. rebuild_items module is a draft hack and is outdated. proper and more complete solution must be included by default