Inspired by floridaves Album carousel module I have written a new one which displays a carousel under the picture on photo pages.
However since this is my first time I actually did something like this I would be happy if someone could have a look at the code and maybe help me clean it up.
OK enough with the talk here are the features:
- Based on jCarousel written by Jan Sorgella
- Displays a carousel below or above the picture of photo pages (see screenshot)
- Carousel size and thumbnail size configurable
- Dynamic loading of thumbnails using ajax
- Active image is centered and highlighted
- Tested with RC2 in FF3.6, FF4b1, IE8 (I don't have IE7 or IE6 to test), Chrome 5/Chromium and Opera 10.60
Some things you should know:
- Needs some work for Opera (highlight doesn't look right) and maybe a nice mouse over effect for Wind theme
- I don't have much experience coding ajax so please consider this as beta
- If you have or had any module enabled that shows content under the photo (e.g. comments) it will display under this content. I fixed this by changing the id of the comments module in the database but maybe there is a better way of doing this?
- Shows under all modules that display under the photo if installed after this module (if you are using the latest github code of gallery you can use the module "Module order" to fix this. It will not work in RC2)
- The scrolling and positioning is sometimes a bit off when reaching the last item depending on the size of the carousel and number of items to be displayed. If you see this problem you can disable dynamic thumbnail loading in the admin options of the module.
More information can be found on the codex page of this module.
Hope you like it and someone can help me perfect it.
see update: http://gallery.menalto.com/node/97124?page=2#comment-367363 -moderator