A link to the latest version can be found at the top of this post. Once downloaded upload the moduleupdates folder to your Gallery3 installation. Once uploaded log in with your administrator account and proceed to the Modules section. Check the box next to Module Updates and click Update at the bottom of the page. Once installed under Settings will be a new Module Updates page.
Module Updates shows ALL modules on your system and not just the ones that are installed and active.
Going to the Module Updates page within the Settings area of your Gallery3 administration console will display the update information. This module will compare all of your installed modules against the Gallery3 Core, Gallery3 Community Contributions GitHub, and GalleryModules.com collection. It will then display to you the version you have residing in your Gallery3 installation against the versions found in the GitHub repositories. Results are color coded for easy identification and tagged to explain where they were found.
- Add module updates notification to core modules page
- Designate 'locked' modules
- Designate 'active' modules
- (long term) Integrate the moduleupdates functionality into the core modules page
- Modules that do not reside in the Gallery3 GitHub or GalleryModules will NOT be compared by this module. (Hint Hint: get your module added ;)
- Version 1
- v1.0 Initial Release
- Removed rWatcher checking
- Added indicator for which location the update was found in
- Cleaned up code to conform to Gallery coding standards
- Added additional documentation to code
- v1.2 - 2010.06.23
- Fixed a bug where it was showing G3CC after a DNE
- Added the installed module version information
- Added alert for when a newer module is on the system but an older version is installed
- Added alert for when an installed module is newer than the one on the system
- Added version information on the Settings page to permit incremental update verification
- Version 2
- v2.0 - 2010.08.27
- Fixed: comply with translated/t("string") standards
- Added: New caching system. ModuleUpdates now caches the last results so that it does not check every time the page is run. The cache expires every 30 days, when the user selects the option to Check Modules for Updates, or the cache is empty.
- Added: Color coding for more cases when versions are out of sync (Orange = Your file version is newer than the installed version & Pink = Your installed version is newer than file version).
- Added: Each module now links to it's location in the Gallery Codex so if your version is out of date you can go get the official version. This also allows for manual verification of DNE modules that are not in the GitHub.
- Added: GitHub status check along with status check to access the internet outbound from your Gallery installation.
- Version 4
- v4.0 - 2010.11.23
- Fixed: version information during upgrade fixed with v3
- Fixed: comply with with new gallery 3 GitHub naming conventions
- Validated: built against v3.0 final
- Added: dynamically checks the correct GitHub based on the version currently installed (3.0 versus 3.1)
- Version 5
- v5.0 - 2011.01.04
- Fixed: Corrected an installation bug relating to zombie version numbers
- Added: Support for all 3.x versions by using dynamic version checking
- Added: Redesigned information to display version information from all sources
- Added: Links directly to the version's location
- Added: Support for checking GalleryModules.com module collection
- Version 7
- v7.0 - 2011.01.29
- Fixed: Several bugs relating to the new Community Contributed Modules section
- Version 8
- v8 - 2011.06.23
- Fixed: Bugs relating to the new Community Contributed Modules section & GCC stored modules
- Added: Modules information for the new Gallery 3.0.2 Modules tab
- Added: SPEED! The module checking process is now 60% faster than before thanks to logic updates in the data gathering process. The decrease in update checking time will be more noticeable as more modules are added.
- Version 11
- v11 - 2012.04.22
- Added: SPEED! Thanks to dmolavi, ModuleUpdates now downloads a ini of modules from GalleryModules and checks versions locally now. Module validation runs much faster now.
- Added: The new system now looks at reported version numbers and if those do not exist it falls back to codex version numbers. This allows a much broader range of modules to be checked than before. You should still add your modules to the Git though. ;)
- Fixed: ModuleUpdates works correctly with Gallery 3.0.3 using the new v11 code.
- Version 12
- v12 - 2012.11.17
- Fixed: Code cleanup thanks to DanielMuller
- Fixed: The module correctly uses the TMPPATH instead of VARPATH thanks to DanielMuller