I successfully imported all the images from my G1 site to my new G2 installation. About the only problem I noticed during import was that some of my "Summary" fields were truncated, but I figured I'd go back and fix those by hand. Unfortunately I'm getting some weird error messages when I try to implement those corrections. For example:
Your change cannot be completed because somebody else has made a conflicting change to the same item. Use the back button in your browser to go back to the page you were on, then reload that page and try your change again.
Go back and try again
Alternatively, you can return to the main Gallery page and resume browsing.
Back to the Gallery
Error Detail -
Error (ERROR_OBSOLETE_DATA) : UPDATE g2_Entity SET g_modificationTimestamp=?,g_serialNumber=? WHERE g_id=? AND g_serialNumber=? (1151624970|3|27|2)
* in modules/core/classes/GalleryStorage/GalleryStorageExtras.class at line 374 (GalleryCoreApi::error)
* in modules/core/classes/GalleryStorage.class at line 304 (GalleryStorageExtras::saveEntity)
* in modules/core/classes/GalleryEntity.class at line 317 (GalleryStorage::saveEntity)
* in modules/core/classes/GalleryItem.class at line 408 (GalleryEntity::save)
* in modules/core/ItemEditCaptions.inc at line 82 (GalleryItem::save)
* in main.php at line 199 (ItemEditCaptionsController::handleRequest)
* in main.php at line 87
* in main.php at line 80
I'm also frustrated by my attempts to try to make G2 "look" more like my original G1 site, but I realize that's a bit silly. At the very least, I wish I could figure out a straightforward way to make "description" fields show up at top-level pages, instead of only once I've clicked-through to a specific album.
Incidentally, I sometimes get a similar error message to the one I described above when I try to change themes for albums.
Thanks for any help.
Some system details:
G2 version: 2.1
G1 version: 1.4.2
G1 character set: unknown
PHP memory limit: unknown
PHP version (e.g. 4.3.11): 5.1.2 cgi-fcgi
PHPInfo Link (see FAQ):
Webserver (e.g. Apache 1.3.33): Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)
Database (e.g. MySql 4.0.11): mysql 5.0.18-standard-log
Activated toolkits (e.g. NetPbm, GD):
Operating system (e.g. Linux): Linux
Browser (e.g. Firefox 1.0): Mozilla 1.7.8 and/or IE 6.0