The Map Theme (not to be confused with The Map Module) has been updated.
It is version 1.0.7 (I don't believe there was a version 1.0.6) and will
run on Gallery 2.1 (will not work on 2.0) along with Google Maps API-V2.
Several things have changed with this theme version...
- Uses Google Maps API version 2 (version 1 is slated to be discontinued)
- API-V2 reverses the LAT/LON format so the theme upgrade will edit the
'GPS' entries in the Gallery customfields table reversing existing entries.
- API-V2 also reverses the zoom numbering (as well as adding two new zoom
levels. The theme upgrade will handle this also.
- The theme upgrade will also reformat (reverse) the "center on" coordinates
if they exist.
- API-V2 changes the naming convention of map types (ie: map, satellite,
hybrid). The upgrade will take care if this also.
- New customfield entries should be done by creating two new customfields
'GPSLAT' and 'GPSLON'. This separates the coordinates into separate fields
making it easier to enter without accidentally entering them in the wrong
order. Any existing entries can remain in the 'GPS' customfield as The Theme
will read that field also (or you can place them in the new field if you like).
If 'GPS' exists it will be used, otherwise 'GPSLAT/GPSLON' will be used.
- Marker colors for album and item are now selectable.
- Mousing over a thumbnail will make use a a new "highlight" marker (also
selectable color) which will overlay a larger marker icon on top of the
smaller one to show which marker represents the thumbnail. A tooltip will
also be displayed on mouseover.
- The new Google overview map is implemented. It is in the lower righthand
corner of the map.
- The theme admin page now contains more configurable options.
As always... Backup or make a copy of your existing database BEFORE updating
your theme. In particular, the 'g2_PluginParameterMap' and 'g2_CustomFieldMap'.
You can obtain Map Theme version 1.0.7 [url=http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=152389&package_id=188869&release_id=415535 ]HERE[/url].