Gallery 3.0.2 bugfix release is available!
Gallery 3.0.2 is available, woot! This is a bug and stability fix release, but it adds a few new usability features. You should upgrade to Gallery 3.0.2 when you can. Upgrading is quick and easy! Read on to learn what's new and improved, or just download it now!
What's changed in Gallery 3.0.2?
We've taken care of a lot of small things in this release: bugs you've noticed, bugs we've discovered, and a handful of small features that were straightforward to implement in a backwards compatible way. Along the way we resolved 114 tickets! Some of the highlights of this release include:
- Considerable improvements to the image upload UI, especially around diagnostics when failures occcur
- Fixed a few bugs where the "forget password" link didn't work properly
- Fixed a bug that was causing the upgrade auto-checker code not to fire properly
- Improved search to support wildcard matching (see the forum post)
- Overhauled the Gallery 2 import UI and fixed many small import bugs
- Added support for splitting and joining tags
- Improved the Admin » Modules UI to show the author and info/help links
Upgrading is really easy! Unpack the new version, move the var/
directory of the old version to the new version's folder and then
either browse to:
or at a shell prompt:
php index.php upgrade
For more detailed upgrade instructions, please refer to
3 User Guide
Looking forward, we intend to make some major changes in the 3.1 code base. The big topics currently on the list include a lot of internal changes to make things easier for theme creators, some permission management UI improvement, and hopefully some headway into making Gallery 3 embeddable. Check out the Gallery 3.1 Ticket List for all the details.