Gallery Appliance 1.1 Available
A new and updated version of the Gallery Appliance has been made available. Thanks to the help of rPath, the new appliance includes Gallery 1.5.6 and Gallery 2.2.1.
- Updated Gallery 1 and Gallery 2 versions
- More Gallery modules enabled, and Downloadable Plugins are also available.
- SCSI emulation instead of IDE emulation makes it possible to run on VMWare ESX server.
- rPath Appliance Platform (rAP) agent for remote appliance administration
- Increased number of build types. The Appliance is now downloadable for several virtual and non-virtual environments
The Gallery VMware Appliance is a GNU/Linux distribution based on rPath Linux. Basically, it is a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) appliance with both Gallery 1 and Gallery 2 pre-installed and pre-configured, along with all of the required utilities and most of the optional ones. They are both pre-loaded with some random pictures from various Gallery team members so that you can test things out without even having to find your own images.
The Gallery team would like to thank both Valentyn Khokhlov and Michael K. Johnson of rPath in assisting us rebuilding the Appliance for the new releases. The work done this time should make it easier for us to update it on our own the next time and the inclusion of the rAP agent makes it easier for all the appliance users to update their appliance later on.